Monday, March 26, 2012

Music Monday

So I am in the mood to blog a little differently. I have been listening to music a lot lately and just want to share some of the songs that I have been addicted to in the past week. I am not a music expert by any means. I just thought this would be fun.

So the song that I have had on repeat for the last 2 weeks is by Gotye called "Somebody that I used to know" It has gotten pretty popular since I have heard it on the radio. I actually discovered it on Pandora while I was running. Great song.
  Favorite Part: And I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough





Next is a song I have been listening to nonstop for the past couple of months. Bon Iver - Beth/Rest
It is just so different than all the other songs that he has on his self titled album and it has this 80s/90s sound that I just love.
Favorite Part: said your love is known, I'm standing up on it, aren't we married?!
I ainʼt living in the dark no more, it's not a promise, Iʼm just gonna call it

I recently downloaded a mix of songs for the spring. I like to download mixes that people put together so that I may get introduced to new songs or artists. I had heard of The Shins before and wondered if I would like them or not. But this song by them is by far my favorite that I've heard. It's called, "No Way Down"
Favorite Part: What will they charge? Letting go of a claim so large, Oh, all of our working days are done ,But a tiny few are having all of the fun




Another song off that mix was Andrew Bird (feat. Annie Clark) - Lusitania. His music makes me happy, all the whistling and such.
Favorite Part: You're laying mines along the shore




Still haven't seen The Hunger Games yet but I have been listening to the soundtrack. I think I was most excited when I saw Neko Case on the artist list and I am not disappointed by the song at all. I really like it!
"Nothing to Remember"
Favorite part: I'm ashamed that I'm barely human, And I'm ashamed that I don't have a heart you can break, I'm just action And at other times reaction



Okay so that's all for this week!