Friday, December 16, 2011

9 days until Christmas

So not that much has happened since I last wrote because I have been on break and I have been doing only break acitivities like
  1. Sleeping in late (I mean real late)
  2. Reading books like all day
  3. Eating out a lot (Not so good)
  4. Running yet not running for days in between
  5. Catching up on tv shows (Finished Mad Men, almost caught up with How I Met Your Mother, etc.)
  6. Feeling really bored.
But these are things I don't get to do too often/not at all during the semester.

I have been running but not as often as I hoped. I keep making excuses for not going. Like for instance, today I said I definitely will, then it started raining and I didn't do it. I went grocery shopping instead for my cookies I have to make tomorrow for Sundays Cookie Swap.
My times have been:
12/8: 1.0 miles : 15:00 min/mile
12/12 .97 miles: 13:47 min/mile

It's really been hard on me, this cold weather. I can't afford a treadmill or a gym membership plus I doubt I would go consistently since I am always back and forth from Raleigh and Greensboro all the time so outside is my only option. Plus my friend and I have to coordinate our schedules to run together. I'm working on it. We hope to run a 5k sometime next year.

Other than that I'm great. I am so glad its Christmas time and I've been doing my best to do some fun Christmas activities, like going to this cookie swap my cousins are having. Plus last night, Thomas and I went to the Tanglewood Parks Festival of Lights. It was fun and I enjoy the lights. I also liked that me and him had some quality time to ourselves. We were having some difficulties last night trying to turn off my headlights only to find out that Toyota Corollas apparently have automatic lights that are near impossible to turn off. So unfortunately for the cars in front of us we had to drive through the lights with our lights on. Sorry to whoever you were!

Last weekend we went to see The Nutcracker in downtown Greensboro and I thought it was so good. It had more dancers from the local ballet studio so more kids starred in it than anything and I love that. To me The Nutcracker should be danced by kids for kids. It was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. Thomas' parents got us tickets so we all went as a family with his parents, sister and nieces. 
I hope everyone remembers the Macaulay Culkin version :)

Our plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas day are totally packed. I'm used to having my Christmas this way ever since I was little but this year we are planning on going to 6 maybe 7 different family events for Christmas. 3 on Christmas Eve and 3 or 4 on Christmas day. It is going to be chaotic but I'll be glad to see everyone and hope there isn't too much stress that goes with it.
I have been told I need to bring sweet tea and crab dip to my family's christmas dinner so I am a bit nervous about making the dip. I've never made it before. I don't think it will be too difficult though.

Before then I am supposed to bake cookies for this weekend's cookie swap. I chose these gingerbread cookies.
They are a Paula Deen recipe so they are full of butter. I'm sure they will be delicious though.
 
I hope to update about how these things turned out but Merry Christmas! if I don't update before next weekend.