Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Parades and Birthdays

You know what gets me in the Christmas spirit? Christmas Parades.

Thomas and I, met up with his sister and nieces this past weekend for the Greensboro Christmas Parade. It's so much fun and was a lot more crowded this year than last year since it was pouring down snow last year. We even brought out Luna for the festivities and she was having a good time until....all the drums from the local school bands came through. She was not happy. We saw floats such as Raggedy Ann and Andy, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, the Grinch (he was a bit rough looking), The Cat in the Hat and then finally Santa. It's a small parade but we have a great time.

Very Hungry Caterpillar

Ears back and bug-eyed = a very scared puppy

Cat in the Hat

Grinch and his sad looking feet :(

Proof that I was there

Santa!

Thomas' niece with a very scared Luna

Thomas' other niece with Luna


After the parade, I met up with my friend Kelsey and we ran together to get our mile in. I've only run 3 days this week since starting my 15 minute mile goal but it's gone pretty well so far. It was hard to fit it in this week due to studying and finals.
My times so far:
12/2: 1.0 miles :12:55 min/mi
12/3: 1.05 miles:  13:07 min/mi
12/6: 1.01 miles: 12:33 min/mi

So not too bad. I'm faster than I thought with it being less than 15 minutes. I want to see how things progress before changing my goal to less time. On average I can run a mile a little less than 13 minutes, I'm proud of myself. I'll tell you what, it's not easy and isn't going to be easy so I might as well stop thinking it will be. The first day my chest hurt so bad I felt like I was having an asthma attack. It was really cold outside so I blame the weather. It also helps that I'm running with my friend that is at my level of running. She goes a bit faster than me but we both have the same goals in mind which is good. I'll keep updating my times and we will see how this goes.


Later on in the day, we went to dinner then had some people over for Thomas and Michael's birthdays. Again, Happy Birthday to them! We had fun and there was even some chainmail and swords involved at one point. Don't ask, just enjoy the pictures.
Birthday boy! :)

We dressed in our Christmas attire

Luna had her Christmas dress on for everyone. Too bad she hates it.

Testing out the chainmail

Luna thinks she is a cat sometimes. 

Me and Kelsey