Monday, January 23, 2012

Happenings of the day

I feel like instead of writing long paragraphs, I'm just going to list everything out for this post.

1) I got an email from a dietitian a couple of days ago (!!!!) and this is very exciting because for the past month I've been trying to shadow or, if possible, volunteer with a dietitian to gain some experience in the field. I'm hoping the dietitians will provide advice and can answer any questions I have for them. I might find my mentor if possible! Let's cross our fingers this will be a good experience. I'm currently emailing this specific RD at Peak Nutrition and Weight Loss to come up with times for me to sit in on one-on-one counseling sessions and group classes. I'm really excited!

2) I've come up with a semi-decision on what to do after school. I have ultimately decided to just find a job after I graduate. I honestly can't come up with a way that we could survive a year without me getting a job. I'm going to be keeping an eye out on possible jobs until then.

3) Refund checks were issued today. That was nice to get this morning! My money was running a bit low.

4) Became bored today. I know! How can this happen?? This does happen in the beginning of any semester. I've been trying to find a new show to watch and one that doesn't include a dumb bachelor or creepy little girls that dress like they are 20 years older than they are. So I chose to start Downton Abbey. Wasn't sure how I was going to react to it. It won a Golden Globe last week and I love Maggie Smith so I chose to give it a try. I'm already hooked. Plus I love a good show with good them music.


5) I had my second stats class tonight and as much as I think the teacher is the sweetest thing. I can't get over the subject of what she is teaching. I hate math and have never been good at it except for geometry in high school. I know this subject is vital and important to understanding research but it is almost painful to sit in this class. I am counting down the days until the end of April.