Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a great New Years and 2012 is starting out to be a good year.

2012 has been good for me so far. I'm still getting used to being engaged. It's been strange always wanting to look at wedding stuff. I often wonder if this is normal. I am trying my hardest to not be one of those people that only talks about the upcoming wedding and boring people with little details that seem so important at that time. Thomas told me yesterday that he was asking around if it's normal that we already have so many ideas for the wedding already and we've only been engaged for 17 days now. No one wants to give us an answer. I really think it's good. I feel like I'm getting it out of my system. I never used to look at wedding things before.I never wanted to until I was actually engaged and plus it would get kind of depressing looking at wedding things when you are single. Now it's allowed and I'm having fun :)  I may watch too many episodes of Say Yes to the Dress but hey I'm only going to be a fiancee for a year and a half.

We've also determined what our venue will be and the wedding date. So...
*Drumroll*




July 28th 2013

I already love it. It's my birthday month and it contains an 8 which is my favorite number. Plus I think it will be pretty on the invitations. (Dumb reason but that's how much I love it) 
As for the place, we have fallen in love with The Millennium Center in Winston-Salem. It's a gorgeous historic courthouse. 
Source


We initially wanted to get married here in the courtroom:
Source
I really love it but when I found out that in the Summer they have no way of cooling the room except with fans. I changed my mind. Fans blowing during the ceremony is a no-no. I hate the sound of fans so that is the last thing I want during my wedding. However, Thomas said that maybe we could come back in the future and renew our vows here at a time when it's cooler. Sounds good to me :)

So the Ballroom is where we have chosen to get married:
Source
The Ballroom is beautiful. It has great lighting and I love the curtains! The stage is where we would stand. Plus this is also where we would have the reception. It's perfect. 

I have to say that I am very relieved right now. I feel very accomplished having set the venue and the date. Now I have something to tell people BUT I do not need to book anything else. Now that this is done, I can focus on my upcoming semester. Even though I still will be watching Say Yes to the Dress. :D