Sunday, July 29, 2012

Olympics are here!!

Every four years the Olympics airs on TV for two weeks. And I become a slave to my television. I love watching the athletes compete in volleyball, beach volleyball, swimming, synchronized diving, gymnastics, rowing... pretty much anything but soccer. Sorry I've never been a huge soccer fan. Plus, my favorite coach of ALL TIME Mike Krzyzewski is the U.S. basketball team's coach!
GO USA!

The Opening Ceremonies were entertaining. As a fan of London and that being where Thomas and I want to go on our honeymoon. I loved seeing the historical theme of the ceremonies.
Favorite part of the ceremonies?
James Bond + Corgis = A win in my book.

I think I love the Olympics so much because it brings back memories of watching the '97 gymnastics team as a kid and looking up to those girls so much. Who didn't cry when Kerri Strug hurt her ankle and landed on the vault anyway!?
Shannon Miller on the far right was my favorite


My cousin and I were taking gymnastics at the time so of course we would talk about going to the Olympics one day, as we are jumping on our beds and attempting flips. (little did I know that my athletic ability was pretty much  nonexistent and that never really changed). It's just so much fun to pull for people that represent your country. You get so wrapped up in their personal stories, you can't help but root for them.  They pretty much become insta-celebrities after it's over.

Women's gymnastics is coming on tonight and I am so excited!
Go girls! and Go USA!