Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Avetts!

I'm pretty sure I had the BEST New Year's Eve last night. It beat all 23 before it by far. The Avett Brothers blew me away with how great they are live. They have incredible energy and I couldn't help jumping and dancing pretty much the whole night (except during the slow songs).

Here we are! Before the show began

Amos Lee opened for them and he was pretty awesome himself. He played a song called "Southern Girl" which both Thomas and I loved. He also played a song called "Flower" which I was really getting into. Need his music STAT! He also did a cover of the Queen song "Fat bottomed girls". It was so good.

Around 10:20ish Avetts finally came out and they started out the night with "Head full of doubt, Road full of promise". They ended the night with "I and Love and You" and it really was the perfect song to end with. You can really feel the love we the fans have for them and the love they have for their fans, especially since we were in their home state.

Overall it was a pretty perfect night.

HIGHLIGHTS...

Our seats


Our New Years countdown! It was amazing.



The setlist. It was so good. At on point they played like 5 of my favorites in a row.
Ten Thousand words. Colorshow. February Seven. Laundry Room. Kick Drum Heart.

Another song Thomas and I were so excited they played was "I Killed Sally's Lover"

Pretty much the most fun I've ever had on a NYE. Our New Years have been good the last couple of years but I don't think anything could beat this.

Can't wait for the next time to see them live!