Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The last semester of Grad School is upon us...

School...
My stress level is rising just thinking about tomorrow. I start working on my Master's project tomorrow ( I kinda started it before Christmas but haven't worked on it since), and I have a meeting with a professor then I have class after that for 'Public Policy'. I'm hoping that class is going to better than I think, otherwise it's going to be boring.
I am trying to look at tomorrow as the beginning of the end of grad school for me. But so much stands between me and graduation still. I had a deep talk with Thomas tonight about it all. All my worries and frustrations that I have about my project. Part of it is just me worrying for no reason because I know I will feel better once I start working on it again and feel like I'm accomplishing something but part of me is scared I won't do a good job. Part of my project depends on me teaching which is not a strength for me. I have bad social anxiety sometimes and it comes out when I teach which is super annoying and frustrating. I'm much better in one-on-one situations. Here's to practice makes perfect!
I'm drinking a glass of Riesling and listening to Bon Iver while writing this, hoping I can relax...maybe.

Wedding planning...
The #1 reason I procrastinate. We have picked out the flower girl dress, we have ordered the invitations, the bridesmaids dresses have been ordered (getting the bridesmaids to pay is another story), I have picked out a hair dresser to do my hair and makeup and I am so excited about that!
We have booked our DJ as well, my florist contacted me and said we should meet soon in the next month or so to finalize floral plans. My mother-in-law has booked and planned the rehearsal dinner which I am so grateful about because my limits are wedding day only. I can't plan everything else before it. I might be more crazy than I already am.

I tried on my dress last week after I had my hair trial to see how the dress and hair looked together. I am proud to say that I finally had my "Bridal moment". I didn't when I first tried on my dress. I loved the dress but I guess I just didn't have that bridal look. On Say Yes to the Dress, Monty says the brides have to get "jacked up" to really see themselves in the dress, so they do their hair and put a veil on and all this to really get them into their dress. That was me the other day, I felt "jacked up" and I almost cried but didn't. I hate bragging but I LOOKED GOOD. I've never felt that pretty, ever. I am so excited to wear it in 165 days!!!!
Next, order the flower girl dress, find shoes for the bridesmaid dresses, pick out rental things, I need to find material and lace for odd end things. I have to help my mom pick out a dress which should be fun. (total sarcasm here)

Fitness...
I went to the gym for the first time this year and I don't know why I avoid the gym like I do. Once I'm there I'm like "I don't want to leave!" but just to get there is the biggest mind juggle in the world. I have been talking myself out of going lately and just playing "Just Dance" or doing some workouts from Pinterest and my favorite fitness blog, Fitnessista. Which works for me but I do pay for the gym and would like to use it so I'm not wasting my time and I'm mixing up my workouts. I do get seriously bored doing the same thing all the time. 

Tentative workout plan for this week:
Wed: Off (are always going to be my off days or the days I do something very small)
Thursday: At home workout + arms
Friday: Gym, run + abs
Saturday: off (sister's birthday and wedding errands)
Sunday: At home workout + legs
Monday: gym + arms
Tues: gym +abs

At home workouts are either, Just Dance, zumba videos, circuits, or HIIT. 
I mean come on, I don't see how you can't sweat to this, all the jumping and such...

Well I'm off to watch Parenthood and try to get some sleep before my long day tomorrow!