Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Short and Sweet

I'm trying to update before going to the gym and then before the rush of me getting ready and heading to Raleigh. It's so crazy that since I decided to sleep in a stupid 2 hours, it puts me this behind. I had so much on my to-do list today too. Class ruins every one of my to-do lists. It takes up so much time and I'm not even sure we have class today. I assume since it's the first day of this class for the semester but our professor (who was not originally the professor for this course) hasn't emailed us or anything. Whereas the professor that was going to teach the class had emailed us during Christmas break to prepare us for it. I know this is going to be a waste of time ... for sure!

To-Do List for today....

  • Gym obviously
  • Read a Policy article for homework 
  • Try to come up with a topic for my policy paper
  • Organize a box of lotions, oils, bath gels, beauty products, etc. that are still in a box from the move
  • Make a list for our registry. We are going to register this upcoming MLK weekend. Target for sure but we need another place and hopefully will figure it out
  • Read 50 pages of current book I'm reading
  • Also, finish painting my nails from yesterday (totally got sidetracked)

Practicum update...
The practicum is slowly but surely coming together. I have edited a bunch and created a ton of handouts. I just hope they are good. My supervisor is giving me a lot of freedom in this project but I sometimes need more guidance but I always have questions to ask her. 
I'm hoping that it will be done editing this week or the next so we can figure out where to pilot the class. Classes have already begun and there is a limit on how many end in time for me to reach my deadline. I didn't go in today because a) a desk isn't available for me and b) I needed a bit of a break. I will work on it some but not a full 4.5 hours like I've been doing at a time.

Bachelor...
So yes, I'm a little ashamed to admit I watch The Bachelor. It's crazy I know but I get sucked into the drama and how crazy all the participants are. However, I'm bringing it up on the blog because one of the bloggers I follow who is a yoga instructor/nutritionist/ fellow curly-head, who resides in North Carolina was one of the participants! Sweet Tater Blog! I was wondering how she was going to do in that kind of environment because I love following her blog and she is funny and sassy but on the show you could tell, it wasn't her kind of place. It showed her leaving the show last night on her own accord because she realized it wasn't the right fit for her and I admire her for that. She probably found out that everyone else was insane and had to skedaddle! Plus, seeing the live tweets last night after she left was really pissing me off. I have naturally curly hair and it can be unruly sometimes and I feel that Sweet Tater really embraces her curls and tries to do stuff that normally I wouldn't even know how to do with my hair. People were making fun of her hair and I find it very funny that I pretty much every day get a compliment and people say "Wow, I wish I had your hair" "man you realize people pay a lot of money to have their hair do that". So I find it pisses me off when people make fun of hers because mine is very similar. 

Pics from this past weekend...
We went out to eat for my sister's birthday this past Saturday and it was pretty good. It's nice to have just my mom, sister and neices and nephew around.

Not the best photo because it was Instagramed.
BTW I don't get the obsession with Instagram. Never have and probably never will. Too grainy.

My  mom and I got a lot of little things for the wedding that day as well. We rented the arch for the ceremony, we got some lace fabric for our handfasting ceremony we are doing, we got some fabric for Thomas because he is going to make the ring bearer pillow (I lack the sufficient sewing skills to do this myself), we got a basket for programs, bought ribbon for the cake, I ordered some shoes for my dress but I'm not sure if I am comfortable wearing them all day. I really am considering just wearing flats the entire day so I don't fear tripping all day. I'll wear the shoes at the rehearsal dinner if nothing else.

That's it for now. I'm running behind! As usual....