Sunday, March 13, 2011

ACC Champs! + Zucchini Cheese Pizza

Source
Yep. Isn't that the greatest picture ever? If you are a Duke fan like me then your answer is YES. Not so much if you are a Carolina fan though. But it's a great day to be a Duke Blue Devil fan :) ACC Champs! This makes me super excited because now they will be playing in the first and second rounds in Charlotte which I will be attending next weekend! Duke will play Hampton then if they win they will play either Tennessee or Michigan. I'm very excited.

I didn't get to watch the game though because I was at work all day. Which has been the pattern this week. School starts back up tomorrow so I am currently trying to write the paper I KNEW I would do last minute. It's a pretty simple assignment, it just takes a while to type up.


I did have to work today BUT the great thing was that I got to leave 2 hours early. Just enough time to go to Earthfare to pick up some things for dinner tonight. I chose to make a recipe out of The Student's Vegetarian Cookbook. I got this cookbook for Christmas this past December and I hadn't tried anything out of it yet. So I was in the mood for pizza so I chose the recipe for Zucchini & Cheese Pizza. It's a pretty simple recipe.

What you'll need:
  • 1 T Olive oil
  • 1/4 c chopped onion  I also added a little bit of garlic b/c I LOVE IT
  • 1/4 T dried basil
  • 1 cup grated zucchini
  • 1/2 c chopped tomatoes
  • Grated monterrey jack cheese ( or whatever cheese you want) I made my own mixture of cheddar and mozzarella
  • salt and pepper to taste 
Preheat oven to 450
 For the crust I used these:

Chop your onions

Saute in pan with the oil, garlic and dried basil.





Add the grated zucchini



 
Then toss in the tomatoes I was lazy so I used one of the cans of diced tomatoes I bought at Earthfare.





Toast your bread for a couple of minutes before spreading this on there.




Then add your cheese!




Let the cheese melt in the oven then take them out and they are done!




Yummy!


I also picked up some wine while I was out. Even though we weren't celebrating anything I bought some sparkling wine and it was so good. It had a good peach and apricot flavor to it.




I love the flower on the bottle too :)



Alright I need to catch some ZzZzZ so this daylight savings time won't get me as bad as this morning. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment