Monday, March 14, 2011

Pumpkin butter surprise! + Sweet Potato Pudding

Beautiful day
Spring is almost here and I'm so excited!!!

It's strange but I am craving things that are orange today. For lunch all I wanted was something with carrots. I bought some Pumpkin butter at the Farmer's Market. And now I am in the mood to make me some sweet potato pudding so I can eat on it for the week. Orange Orange Orange.

I woke up super early today to finish my paper that I said yesterday I knew wouldn't get done over break. So I threw that together. (I honestly take school much more serious than it's seeming) I blame the teacher for having a paper due the Monday after Spring Break ha!

I got ready afterwards and headed to the Farmer's Market to get some veggies, of course. One of my favorite stands however, is The Berry Patch. A locally owned bakery and shop, where I always enjoy their preserves and jellies. And now Butters! I've had their pumpkin butter before and it's my favorite. Today I saw they had Strawberry Banana Jam. That sounds awesome! I really want to go back and try that one next. I also picked up some Blueberry Jam for Thomas because that is his favorite fruit.
Then I went to meet my mom for lunch and to go to the bank. We went to a cafeteria. I got carrots, mashed potatoes, green beans and a roll. It wasn't very noteworthy.



I went to my weight training class. The first time in a week except for the two days I did it on my own last week. But we are in the middle of muscle strength and endurance tests. It's tough.
The lineup:
  • 1 min leg lifts (I hate these!)
  • lying leg curls
  • bench press
  • low pulley curls
  • machine rows
  • one dumbbell front raises
First we have to do the minimum weight for each then up the weights each time to find our max.  My maximums aren't anything to brag about. I am not as weak as I thought though. I bench pressed 60 lbs. Go me! haha

It felt good to actually lift though. I am really enjoying this class.

When I got home I was considering taking a nap and I considered going to Yoga tonight. Neither of these happened. Instead I hopped in the kitchen to make my sweet potato pudding. Before that was finished however, an amazing thing was discovered. I was a bit hungry so I opened up a container of Strawberry Chobani greek yogurt. There were no strawberries! I was sad but only for a second for in the corner of my eye there was the new jar of Pumpkin butter I just bought from the Farmer's Market. Bingo. I put a few spoonfuls of that in there and Voila! We have pumpkin Greek yogurt. I think it was some of the yummiest stuff I've put in my mouth. I'm going to putting this stuff in everything.

No Strawberries?!?! BLASPHEMY!

There we gooo


I first saw the recipe for Sweet Potato Pudding on Bankrupt Vegan's blog. I couldn't find it anymore when I looked today so I Googled and pretty much came up with the recipe.


What you need:
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • ½ cup fortified rice milk  ( I used Almond milk instead)
  • 1 cup cooked sweet potato or yam
  • 1 tablespoon of maple syrup ( I used brown sugar and honey even though I wish I had some maple syrup)
  • ¼ tsp of cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp of vanilla

You combine all these ingredients into a blender and stop when it's smooth.

Problem was for me, I didn't have a blender to use so I tried to cream it as best as I could. It still had lumps in it but that's fine by me. I've made it before with a blender and it's great that way as well.
Boiled my sweet potatoes from the Farmer's Market
Peeled and mashed them up
Add in some rolled oats
Mix in the vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and honey
 I refrigerate mine so it's nice and cold.

:)

Time to relax and watch some television. I have a feeling after tomorrow, school is going to be a bit more time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment