Friday, March 18, 2011

March Madness Baby!

Hi from Charlotte!! This is a picture that WXII took of us outside before the NCAA games. It's my dad, stepmom, me and behind me is our family friends, Gary and Debbie. We were rooting for Tennessee today too since they are big Tennessee fans as well.

It was an early start to the morning but we headed down to Charlotte in perfect time to enjoy the sunshine outside for an hour or so. I was even interviewed for our local station on the chance of Duke winning the tournament a 2nd year in a row. And of course I said, Hell yeah they have a chance! Honestly though, I think I did pretty well. I'm trying to find the video, I'll post if I ever find :)

Duke ended up winning against Hampton by 42 points. Unfortunately, Tennessee didn't have the same luck. So we will play Michigan on Sunday.

More pictures....
My dad and I
We snacked on some guacamole before the games
Stepmom Lisa enjoying the guac
Here we are
Again my dad and I (with our Tenn hat)
Gary and me
A shot of Downtown Charlotte


We had our Duke flags on the car
Outside the Bobcat Arena
Apparently Usher is coming
Tenn in action

Duke warming up

As you can tell we don't have the best of seats but it's still a blast!

Afterwards, we left to go eat. We ate at Texas, Land and Cattle . Yep you guessed it, a Steakhouse. So we first snacked on spinach and artichoke dip.


I got the Mesquite grilled salmon on a romaine salad with low fat italian dressing.
with a baked Sweet potato on the side.


After dinner, we went back to my Dad's where we watched some of the other games. I'm really glad I get tomorrow off to rest because these days can really take it out of you. However, I absolutely love this time of year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment