Wednesday, March 16, 2011

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

My back is pretty sore today. It makes sense since I had weight training today. It was our last day of our endurance and strength tests.

What we did:

  • Rope Pull downs
  • Tricep Kickbacks
  • Dumbbell Pullovers
  • Bar squats  I squatted over 100 lbs!!!! -->this is a big deal for me 
  • Push ups for 30 sec and Sit ups for 30 sec
  • Shoulder shrugs
Overall I feel I did alright. Those squats were pretty tough. We didn't have pads to use on our bars so it put a lot of pressure on the top of my spine. Next time I will not go through that.
I'm excited for next week's class since we get to come up with our own workouts.

Eats the past couple of days:

I got a call from a friend who wanted to go to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. I honestly wasn't that hungry but by the time I got there my hunger got a bit stronger.
So I made a salad:

The next day I had an early morning for no reason. One thing to never do in college is to not check your email before leaving your place because sometimes you'll regret it. I was so tired but my Conditioning class was that morning so I was groggy but ready to get moving. I drove all the way to school and couldn't find a parking spot (this is not surprising for UNCG). I decided I would need to park in the meter spot but before going to put my 4 quarters in, I checked my mail on my phone. My instructor had canceled class. I was so mad I hadn't checked earlier. I left instead of going in the gym anyway. I knew I was going to Zumba tonight and I didn't want to pay for my parking spot.

After I woke up again, I went to Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and we discussed renal disease which is interesting to me because kidney problems tend to run in my family. Plus my aunt has had problems with kidney stones and bladder cancer. This is definitely my most difficult class but the most interesting.

After class, I went to Zumba! So much fun and I was so sweaty afterward. Before I knew it, it was time to cook dinner for Thomas and I before he got home from work.
I made Pasta Primavera and it was sooo good. Green and red peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, yellow squash and some penne pasta. Amazing stuff.

With a side of sweet potato pudding


While we ate, we had our Dexter night! We are currently in the 4th season. I'm obsessed.


My coworker and friend Kelsey came by to watch with us. And we dragged Wes away from his schoolwork to watch as well.

So much fun. I love our Dexter nights. It's crazy how into it we get.

I woke up this morning and made me this....a bagel w/ strawberry cream cheese, sliced banana and granola.

It's smiling :)

Today I treated myself to some homemade banana ice cream at Yum Yums this small place on the UNCG's campus that has awesome ice cream and oh yeah they sell hot dogs too for a dollar. I got ice cream, Thomas got hot dogs. I hadn't eaten there since the summer so it was a nice little stop after weight training.
Now we are over at Thomas' parents house. I took a nap. Don't know why but school just takes it out of me. We had Pasta Fagioli soup that Thomas' mom made, which was so good! and even though I've already had banana ice cream today, I'm going to enjoy a Krispy Kreme banana pudding doughnut for dessert. 
It's a banana sort of day!

Later we will of course be going to Wednesday night Trivia

Hope you have a fun St Patty's tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. OH I remember those days in MNT...memories...memories! I think its awesome that we live in NC and both are involved in Nutrition. Did you apply for Dietetic Internship? Matching day is around the corner..dont know exactly the day but think positive!!! I was an emotional wreck...but God worked everything out for me! Great looking dishes...i love bagels!! yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. MNT is definitely not easy but my teacher seems to not be taking it seriously this semester which is nice but I don't feel very prepared either.
    I haven't applied to the DI yet. I am going to grad school at Meredith College before. I know I will be a wreck too though whenever that day comes haha
    Thanks for the comment! Hope you're having a great St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete