Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's been a busy couple of days but it's been fun as well. Starting with Wednesday which was another beautiful sunny day in North Carolina. I spent the first part of my day, walking around campus, on purpose. I really like taking leisurely walks looking around campus and enjoying the nice weather. I had weight training before my walk and was definitely feeling it afterward. We had to plan out our own workout plans and it was more intense than any of our instructor's workouts. Crazy. I can feel it works though.

After that Thomas and I decided to go get something to eat. Since I have been craving Jason's for a while, we went there. I ordered the Portabella mushroom wrapini. It's my favorite ever. Especially with a side of pasta salad.


Thomas got the New Yorker w/ corned beef. Such a big sandwich.


And we ate outside but then all of sudden it looked like it was going to rain.


For the rest of the night we decided to finish Season 4 of Dexter and I must say...I am beyond shocked. But I won't say what happened. We also went to trivia and won! So it was a good night indeed.

I woke up this morning and had to rush off to Conditioning class. I didn't leave in proper time to find a parking spot close to my building so I had to park a little farther and ended up jogging to class in order to get there right at 9:30 on the dot. Funny thing was my instructor said to take a lap around the track to warm up and I definitely was already warmed up but I ran anyway. We did a circuit and it was tough. I almost felt like I needed my inhaler halfway through. Each exercise we did for one minute with a 10 second break in between each one. We did this 2 times through. Here was what we did:
  • Jumping jacks
  • front lunges
  • push-ups
  • burpees (THE DEVIL)
  • squat jumps
  • jumping jacks
  • squats
  • plank twists
  • Russian crunches

None of us in my class thought we'd make it but we did. Then we played a game.

I had MNT today where I had to present on Cancer MNT products. It went well and I was pretty relaxed. There's no pressure in that class surprisingly until we have an exam. Which our 3rd one is next Thursday. I should start studying for that soon.

For dinner I decided to make shrimp tacos. I put a mojito lime marinade on them with some vinegar and oil. Then sauteed some yellow squash, zucchini, and corn. Combined these. They were good.


with a side of scalloped potatoes
For dessert we decided to go to our new favorite place, Taste . We had a Groupon that was good for $12. We ended up with $11.77 worth of FroYo. Good Deal!!! We are obsessed with FroYo. I never thought someone would love it as much as me but apparently someone does. Maybe more than me actually.

A mixture of California tart & blueberry tart yogurt w/ mango, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, brownie bits, cheesecake bites, Twix and fruity pebbles. He loves it!
My creation was a mix between strawberry and banana pudding yogurt w/ strawberries, kiwi, almonds, mochi, and chocolate chips. It was super good. 




And I just watched my Blue Devils lose to Arizona while watching this. They played awful so it's for the best I guess. Thanks to the Seniors, Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler!

Bedtime guys!