Friday, March 11, 2011

An old friend visits

Just got off work! Whew and so busy! It was definitely Friday date night at the Barnes & Noble tonight! So many people were there and buying tons of coffee and cheesecake. Made me wish I could have had a Friday date night with my someone but I can't complain too much. We have our Friday date nights on other nights of the week :)

Today has been a weird day though. First waking up to hear that their was a disastrous earthquake in Japan. My heart goes out to all those people and the people in Hawaii and California who have to deal with the after effects of it.  I went to the gym today and worked out on the elliptical for an hour. Still felt weird then ate some leftovers from this week. Then I went straight to work. I thought the day might get better but then my mom called me needing me to go by her house to check on it because her alarm went off and she was at the beach. I had just clocked in and I just felt bad for leaving right when I get there. I could tell we were busy.  So I told her to call my sister. I was so worried the entire time I was working but on my break I called her to see what had happened. Apparently the alarm was saying that there was a massive breaking of the window. The police and my sister came by to see and none of the windows were broken. So we think maybe it was her cat? We don't know what this means. I'm just glad nothing happened and no one was breaking in. We've had that happen before we had an alarm and it was not fun.

So needless to say I'm happy to be home and relaxing.

The other night Thomas and I had a great time with some friends. Initially we decided we would chill out watch a movie and order Chinese. My friend Meredith called asking to see if we wanted to go out to dinner with her and our friend Michael instead. So we of course agreed to go out with them. When we went to go meet them however, I was surprised to see that Meredith's sister Emily who I haven't seen in a couple of months was coming to eat with us as well. I haven't seen her because she is in the Navy. I used to work with Emily and I love her to death. She is just one of those people that you can't help but laugh with and just have a great time with. I miss her but I am so proud of her and her accomplishments already in the military. We went out to Kiosco, a favorite of ours. Afterwards we went to have dessert at Taste Yogurt Bar where I got strawberry and cake batter froyo with mochi, almonds, granola and strawberries on top. Very delicious!

Here are pictures from that night:

Emily, Meredith, Michael

Guacamole teeth!

Serious face (I'm about to laugh though)
Love them!
Dinner! Black bean burrito, white rice, grilled veggies
Colorful Veggies! mmmm
Yummmmm
And now the doom of school is reaching me slowly. I have a paper due on Monday and I have been stalling. I have a feeling it's not going to be written until Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment